Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, tilt doesn't work for driver seat. I have reviewed all the threads that are close. I have already gotten replacment adjuster assembly from the dealer. 0 cost. Now I am looking at taking on change--out.. does any1 have manual instructions? or even suggestion's. I am mechanically inclined but, a 2 hr job can take 2 days without tips or instructions...
Any help would be appreciated.
Ty

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd find one out of a junkyard hook up a battery to it to test and when it works just use that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info!

hey greg, ur reply is the only 1 i got. basically, i do already have the entire lower seatframe assembly already. sent to me by the dealer i bought it from.
i understand what ur saying. b4 i do that, a few questions. 1st, have you done this b4, and if so, where/what wires/color do i hook up? 2nd, since the seat frame is already seperate, will this effect the hydralic's of the other compinets of the seat operation?
also, would it help if i sent a pic of the seat frame they sent me.
it may help to note, the dealer only sent me the parts because i moved from the area of purchase. they would have done the work themselves if i still lived there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ty for that info, i am sure it will make the change-out much easy and help me avoid allot of frustration. too bad i don't have the cd changer to boost the outcome. thats a joke btw.
not sure when i can schedule the time to do this, but, i will post results and outcome.
any further tips or suggestions are appreciated.
peace....

·
Registered
1 Posts
My front tilt did not work on my 02ex. I read somewhere that you have to replace the whole seat frame assembly but I think that is just too much trouble when only one motor is bad. It is also said that a single motor can't be replaced but by looking under the seat at the assembly itself, I can see that the motor can be removed if the 2 screws in front of the motor is removed. So..I found a 01 seat on craigslist for $50 but the fabric does not match my interior and it is very dirty so I can't just replace the seat. First, I replaced the control switch but just to be sure that is not the problem (did not work). I then removed the seat from the van then removed the motor that controls the front tilt (there are 4 total) by removing the 2 screws in front of the motor. These screws are tricky to get to but not impossible. I then replace it with the motor from the other seat and put everything back together and now the front tilt works great! And I have 3 other motors from the other seat as a spare.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The seat back went limp on out 99 EX drivers seat yesterday. I called a couple of salvage yards today, found a matching color and for $100 have a "new" drivers seat to install in our van. I did this about 4 years ago too. Not sure if it's braking from my kid pulling on the handle or or my weight (250lbs) but it's happened now twice. It is an easy fix - four bolts and an electric connection and it's installed! I figured $100 is a cheap fix and I'll be back in business. Starting to think the Tranny is going again. Wondering if Honda will cover the third with 168,000 on it. It's still under the 3yr/36,000 on the from the date the last one was installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My front tilt did not work on my 02ex. I read somewhere that you have to replace the whole seat frame assembly but I think that is just too much trouble when only one motor is bad. It is also said that a single motor can't be replaced but by looking under the seat at the assembly itself, I can see that the motor can be removed if the 2 screws in front of the motor is removed. So..I found a 01 seat on craigslist for $50 but the fabric does not match my interior and it is very dirty so I can't just replace the seat. First, I replaced the control switch but just to be sure that is not the problem (did not work). I then removed the seat from the van then removed the motor that controls the front tilt (there are 4 total) by removing the 2 screws in front of the motor. These screws are tricky to get to but not impossible. I then replace it with the motor from the other seat and put everything back together and now the front tilt works great! And I have 3 other motors from the other seat as a spare.
I have an 04 and the drivers side front/back motor is blowing fuses and needs to be replaced. Any chance you might still have that motor? Not sure if it would work, but I would be willing to pay you for it to find out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts