Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ‘07 Odyssey wants to me get a new car I think... one of several problems is that the driver side AC has not been working for a month or so.

Air flows out of the vents just fine. I also took a video under the dash to see what happens when I turn the drivers side on hot vs cold and things seem to move — see Streamable Video

Today even the passengers side didn’t seem cold (but still cool relative to the driver side). Any thoughts? Time for a new car? Haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. I’m thinking maybe I have a leak. I noticed what looks like residue on the left back side of the engine which is near the metal pipes for the AC I think.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Definitely have that looked at. You may have a leak. But even if there is no leak it is normal for the AC system to lose refrigerant over many years. Do not try to charge it yourself using one of those recharge kits with the hose and gauge. They contain additives and sealants that can damage your compressor; also it’s easy to overcharge the system which can also cause compressor damage. The proper charge is based on mass of refrigerant not the pressure of the operating system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts