Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My air bag light (dash) is intermittently coming on. I have watched a couple of u-tube videos of resetting it with a paperclip by inserting said clip into a connector on a yellow wire bundle.

Problem is, they don't show where this yellow wire comes from. I see more than one under the steering wheel, but they are all connected to things. Which one is it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
More than likely it is just an unseated connector. Was there any special clip with the airbag connector? Normally if you leave the clip out it can set a light. Did you remove the airbag/SIR fuse and forget to put it back? If you still havent found it, take it to a shop that will scan it for free, most scan tools can read airbag codes. It may have been going off before and you didnt notice. I find a lot of airbag lights are randomly failr seatbelt beckle retainers that can go at any time.
Kodi

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Here’s the location of the MES connector on the fuse box by the parking brake pedal and is almost impossible to get at. Resetting it with a paper clip is easier said than done. Resetting the SRS light is only temporary and will come back until the issue that caused the light to come on is fixed.

Handwriting Font Parallel Drawing Illustration

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
..If you still havent found it, take it to a shop that will scan it for free, most scan tools can read airbag codes.
Most low end scan tools will not read the SRS airbag codes. The Auto stores scanners usually don't.
Rather than just reset the code, there is a method to jumper the OBD connector to blink out the code. That is, if you can't find a shop that can read the code. Honda dealer will read it, but will charge a diagnostic fee to do so. Once you know the code- then reset it. As jackrabbit000 says, this can be a challenge! I had an intermittent SRS code on my 2nd gen. First cleared it and later it came back. Read the code, which indicated problem with the driver seatbelt latch. Since this issue was covered by my seatbelt warranty, the dealer fixed it for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts