Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09 LX- The drivers side vent on the dash stays on. No matter which position the "Mode" switch is in, the vent keeps blowing out air. The vents in the middle and passenger side shutoff when the "Mode" switch is in the heater (floor) position but not the drivers side. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
Both side vents (driver and passenger) are supposed to blow a bit of the air regardless of the mode to help defog the windows. Your passenger vent must be manually switched off but it should be blowing air along with your driver's. If you put the mode on floor, the air coming out on the side vents is not too much but they always blow air is what I gather.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My passenger side vent never shut off either. Eventually I asked the dealer when I was in for some sort of other recall, and they discovered a part was forgotten at the factory. They ordered the part and fixed the vent, and now it works correctly. I was surprised something like that got through their final inspection.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I will take it in to the dealer. It is getting close to the 36,000 mile witching time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts