Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver side mirror seem to be loose. It sort of wiggles, like the plastic base (that attaches to the door) is coming off.

The base is outlined in red, and yellow arrow is pointing at the piece.

Could this be something someone walking by bump into it, like in a tight parking lot? The mirror has never been hit, and there are no marks on it.

Can I maybe see if I can DIY? I don't know where to start or how a mirror is attached to the door.

TIA

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I am thinking you need a new mirror...

Open the door, on the inside behind the red area you marked out, there is a cover, you can pry this open with your finger or a taped up screw driver, it is snapped in place. Once opened, there are 3 or 4 nuts, you can try tightening them. If the nuts are tight, then the pivot where the mirror moves around is broken, there is no fix for this. Order a new mirror and replace. Takes at most 1/2 hour.

I had this happen to my passenger side mirror. I was able to use some epoxy to get the parts to stay together, but will not allow the mirror to sway or move. This lasted a couple of months.... got a new mirror from the dealer, they matched the prices on line. The hard part is getting right part number that matches your paint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts