Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone reading this, I am new to the Ody club.
I recently purchased 2004 Honda Odyssey EX, and had to replace the starter and battery terminal cables.
While working on them I am afraid I accidentally might pulled out or damaged some of wiring around secondary fuse box and behind the battery.
Visually upon closer inspection wires look tight and good, but I lost power to 3 things inside of the car including driver side power window and sliding door, and front radio. Previously everything inside of the car was working just fine without any issues.

Driver side Power Window, when I press the switch, no response, no clicking.
Driver side Sliding Door, same thing, sometimes it may start initiating the opening (beeping sound comes on), but never really opens.
Radio, no power, even Anti-Theft red blinking light has no power.

I checked all fuses related to the issue under the hood and inside of the car, no luck.

Since, I assume that those units are not getting power at all from the battery.

Do any of you having wiring/circuit diagram (under the hood)? I wasn't able to find one online, and it's raining in Seattle, so I need to fix this ASAP.
Or did anyone encounter the same issues as me?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
check 10 and 11 primary fuse box. inspect wires into the back of fuse box along with actual fuses.

you will have to remove bolts to access the underside of the fuse box.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hi there everyone reading this, I am new to the Ody club.
I recently purchased 2004 Honda Odyssey EX, and had to replace the starter and battery terminal cables.
While working on them I am afraid I accidentally might pulled out or damaged some of wiring around secondary fuse box and behind the battery.
Visually upon closer inspection wires look tight and good, but I lost power to 3 things inside of the car including driver side power window and sliding door, and front radio. Previously everything inside of the car was working just fine without any issues.

Driver side Power Window, when I press the switch, no response, no clicking.
Driver side Sliding Door, same thing, sometimes it may start initiating the opening (beeping sound comes on), but never really opens.
Radio, no power, even Anti-Theft red blinking light has no power.

I checked all fuses related to the issue under the hood and inside of the car, no luck.

Since, I assume that those units are not getting power at all from the battery.

Do any of you having wiring/circuit diagram (under the hood)? I wasn't able to find one online, and it's raining in Seattle, so I need to fix this ASAP.
Or did anyone encounter the same issues as me?
Were those items working OK before you did the work?
Did you get any 'sparks' or flashes while doing your replacement of cables?
There are 4 fuse boxes in a 2004 Ody: Honda Odyssey (2003 - 2004) - fuse box diagram - Auto Genius
Most don't know that there are 4. Most likely you shorted something out and blew some fuses.
Many times one item has fuses in different boxes so it pays to check all that may apply.
Hope the link I posted helps you.
Buffalo4
PS: Were all those functions working before you did the cable replacements? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: The fix was easy than I expected.

I was able to trace out which fuse box was not sending a power in response to controls (diver power window and sliding door), it was secondary compartment fuse box.
I tried replacing fuses, didn't help.
After tracing wires coming out of the secondary fuse box I noticed the ground cables was loose. I would never guess my issues could be a loose ground cable, since all other electrical components inside and outside of the car was working as it should.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Update: The fix was easy than I expected.

I was able to trace out which fuse box was not sending a power in response to controls (diver power window and sliding door), it was secondary compartment fuse box.
I tried replacing fuses, didn't help.
After tracing wires coming out of the secondary fuse box I noticed the ground cables was loose. I would never guess my issues could be a loose ground cable, since all other electrical components inside and outside of the car was working as it should.
Thank you a bunch for replying with what you found to be the solution.
Nice work. :)
Buffalo4
PS: It is amazing at how often a poor ground affects many things. Thanks again!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts