Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on a 2000 ody

Anybody else have this problem?? Also - the door slides hard - not sure if two seperate problems or not.

What is behind the sheetmetal skin where the back leg of the door slides through?? Could there be a bearing that is siezed??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
If your door is not pulling close at the rear then you maybe having a closer motor issue. Here is a link to resolve the closer motor issue: Closer Motor repair thread

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem a few weeks back on my 2000 also. It turned out to be the front rubber edge on the door. To be sure i just pulled it off the door and it worked fine, then I just put it back on straight and it works fine again. Someone or something might have bumped against it after 10 years but now the door works fine. The rubber strip pulls right off and then presses back on pretty easily, no glue.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I know there are lots of topics but I am trying to find the procedure in re-homing the doors which involves removing some fuse on the passenger side. I thought I had memorized those steps but it had been many years since I had to use them.

Today I started getting the annoying buzzer when I made a right hand turn. I opened and closed both doors and the buzzer stopped but came back on the next right hand turn. There were no trouble lights on the dashboard and the door fully closes as far as I can determine. I used eraser to clean the contacts but I think it would be good idea to "reset" it.

Thanks,
- Vikas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts