Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with the driver side sliding door not opening sometimes?
Every once in a while, my driver side sliding door will not open unless I use the power
unlock to unlock everything. I can open the passenger side sliding door with the switch on
the dash, but not the driver side sliding door. The handle inside and out on the driver side sliding
door do not work either. This is an intermittent problem and such unless the dealer sees it in this
condition, they will not look at it.

My guess is the driver side sliding door is locking by itself when going over some bumps.
Anyone else with this problem? Any ideas for getting the dealer to look into this problem?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
You're thinking that maybe the door is locking by itself, but if that were the case the door would click and buzz and beep--the standard "I'm locked, dummy!" signal--when you tried to open it and it fails.

If it's just dead, not making any noise at all, then it's not a locked door issue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
adam1991, after you mention it, I think the click and buzz and beep does happen. Next time it happens, I will make a note. So, if it is a locking issue, what can be done?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Just tell the dealer that that particular door is locking randomly for some reason, unrelated to any of the other doors.

They probably have a bulletin on it. Or maybe it's a loose wire or something.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took my 01 EX in for the 18k service and told them again about the problem with the sliding door. It is locking it self every once in a while. I either have to use the power unlock or manually unlock it. Not critical, but a pain sometimes.

On the dealer invoice they say they "745561 Beeping door is ajar repair" was performed and no charge to me. But, later it is still doing it!

I told them that I think it is a loose locking mechanism that is the problem. Over bumps it can lock it self. How can I get them to fix it?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saltygarfy:
I took my 01 EX in for the 18k service and told them again about the problem with the sliding door. It is locking it self every once in a while. I either have to use the power unlock or manually unlock it. Not critical, but a pain sometimes.

On the dealer invoice they say they "745561 Beeping door is ajar repair" was performed and no charge to me. But, later it is still doing it!

I told them that I think it is a loose locking mechanism that is the problem. Over bumps it can lock it self. How can I get them to fix it?
</font>

The driver's side slider locks when the fuel door is opened. Could that be the explanation for the mysterious locking door?

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your reply Chuck. I don't think the fuel door have anything to do with it. It locks by it self when I don't open the fuel door at all. Unless the fuel door mechanism is loose and is causing the sliding door lock over bumps. How would one find out whether this is happening?

I miss your FotoTime pictures Chuck!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Chuck is right, one time when I was filling up, the nozzle line got caught on the fuel door latch and I tugged on it to get it free.
When I went to close the fuel door, I noticed some resistance in closing it shut. Later that day, I noticed that the driver's slider wouldn't open by remote. I had to unlock it manually (while the system was trying to lock it), once unlocked the door would open. However, upon closing, the door would lock itself again. Anyhow, the cause was traced to a bent fuel door latch for the door release pin near your gas cap. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by DTKWOK (edited 02-05-2002).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts