Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time reader but first time poster. My wife and I have owned a 2006 EX since it was brand new and now has close to 140K miles. It has treated us well to say the least. Today I went to gas it up so my daughter coud use it to go to work and at the same time, I saw that the driver side window won't open, the driver's side sliding door wont unluck or open, and the gas door wont close. The door was working just fine an hour earlier and the window worked this morning. Is there any fuse, relay or electrical relationship between these things? My research says no to all three but I can't see why the fuel door issue would affect my door's lock activation even if it cannot open with the fuel door open. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I assume you know that there is a switch on the gas door that when open prevents the drivers side door from opening. This is to prevent the sliding door from impacting the open gas door. Often issues like you describe are caused by a faulty gas door switch or the missing piece that depresses the switch when the gas door closes.
I’m not certain about your window or door lock issue.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Well, there is an interrelationship with the driver's sliding door and the fuel door. And it's a mechanical link, not directly electrical. Fix your fuel door and that should resolve the sliding door unlocking.
Now your driver side window seems coincidental. The lock in your door and the window might be the same electrical issue, but that would require some troubleshooting beyond verifying that fuses are good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your responses. I did tweak with the fuel door and it works but the lock on the sliding driver side door and the window actuator for the driver window still show no signs of life. Everything works well on the pax side. I'll try again tomorrow when the sun is out. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
433 Posts
Thank you both for your responses. I did tweak with the fuel door and it works but the lock on the sliding driver side door and the window actuator for the driver window still show no signs of life. Everything works well on the pax side. I'll try again tomorrow when the sun is out. Thanks again!
Check if the piece that presses in the switch inside the fuel door is still there and is pressing the switch. Also, try pulling up the lock tab on the door. If you feel resistance like it's pulling back, most likely that fuel door switch.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Does your sliding door now open properly since you tweaked the gas door switch? I’m hoping you have resolved 1 of your original 3 issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts