Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 95 Japanese import model. Our driver window once activated (manual or auto) will go down fine but when going up will not stop at the top and will keep attempting to drive until told to go down. Appears that a limit switch doesn't work? Is there such a thing or does it sense the motor is stalled to switch it off?
Anyone else had this problem? :(

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had to take one of these apart the other day. It was something like 27 degree's outside, and I was going about 60mph, when my window decided it wasn't going to go up anymore... Anyway, when you lift up on the button to make it go up, there is a little copper piece inside that presses down and contacts with a piece of metal to tell the motor to go up... Yours is probably sticking... If you take the control out, by removing the screw out of the handle part, and lifting straight up on the control assembly, it will eventually pop out, then there is a rubber sheath underneath all those buttons that make the windows go up or down, it is there to keep dust out. If you lift that up and use the button like you do when you put your window up you will see what I am talking about... Carefully scrape where they connect, with a small flat head screw driver... It might be a good idea to put alcohol on a q tip also... (or instead) :) Put back together...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I suspect the problem isn't there as the window will go up when told to but it doesn't know when to stop. There must be a limit switch somewhere which tells it when it reaches the top. I have yet to pull the door apart but when I find the time I'll post what I find.

Cheers
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts