Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, took my 2005 Ody to the dealer for an oil change Friday. At 64,000 due for a minor service. Found that the rear brakes (original) were down to 2 mm and the sway bar needed to be replaced.
So today (Monday) took the Ody to the local service station (the dealer and this place are the only places it's every been serviced).

This afternoon, they called to say it was ready, but did I know that the door didn't open from the inside? Thinking it was a rear door, I said they must have flipped the child protection switch, and so they came and picked me up to get the car. When I got there, they said it was the DRIVER's door that wouldn't open, didn't I know? I said it worked fine when I dropped it off, and when they drove into onto the lift.

So, I had to go home, they called to say that when they took the panel off, they found that the cable had snapped. They said that the "accuator" looked like it had been replaced - no idea what that meant. Looked through the paperwork and the only thing I found was a open campaign 05-036 - Handle Freeze, done by the dealer 5/30/06, four months after I got it:

Door Handle Cable Lube/Connector Lube

So my questions are:

Does the open campaign repair in 2006 explain why the "accuator" looks new?

What could the rear brake and sway bar repair have done to affect the interior door handle cable?

Since this happened after I dropped the car off, are they responsible?
(They have ordered the new cable, don't know when it arrives, they told me it was "not expensive", leaving for Grandma's Thursday, they recommend I roll down the window and let myself out by the outside door handle ;-(

thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I doubt they did much to cause it. It could just be one of those things that happen. Better to have it snap there than to have it snap when you really need to get out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts