Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I am really concerned about the following. I was driving with two kids in back, and smoke started to come up off the seat, from a hot spot under my left leg. I was able to pull over fast. Saw that the leather seat cover was melting and smoking. Turned off the car. Stamped out the melting/smoking part.

I was on a side street, and able to pull over quickly. But what if I had been on the freeway?

Would it have caught fire?!

Does the CPA need to know about this?

Response from Honda America has so far been lukewarm.

I took it to the dealer. Seat heater grid had shorted out, but instead of not working, it developed a hot spot which burned through my seat cover and cushion which are now melted to the element. Talked to Honda about my safety concern and can they cover what my extended warranty doesn't (seat cover and cushion). My Ody is an 06, btw.

They are paying, but with a 100 deductible, plus 100 deductible will be incurred from the parts coverage by extended warranty.

Manager I spoke with was not particularly responsive to my concerns about the general safety of my car at this point, and possibility of this being a defect in this model. He said the problem will be entered into the system. And this was their final offer of coverage. They will withdraw it otherwise. Not real friendly or accommodating. (Alan) I have a call in to supervisor.

Has anyone else heard of this? What to do vis a vis Honda America?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 05' and recently I have felt a "burning" sensation under my right leg. I noticed a few months ago that the light on my seat-warmer switch was off, I thought it quit working, but now I'm thinking it too is shorting out. I think this is a huge concern and certainly expect more of a reply from honda. Did you get anywhere with this yet?? Especially considering the fall out Toyota experienced for it's careless hadling of a safety issue.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts