Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the leather on the side of the seat bottom, just above the electric controls is cracking. When I look at the seat with nobody in it, the seat looks fine. If you press down on the edge, then the side leather looks like fish scales, like tiny cracks all over the leather. (or is this vinyl?) Either way, I wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if Honda would fix this under warranty?

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Known issue. Search for prior threads as there are a couple with the same problem.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't find anything related to the side of the seat bottom. see a few threads about the bottom of the seat back leather cracking, and also about the seat bottom rim, but not the side...

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
The surface that does NOT touch you is all of the same meterial so all the threads you found and your problem are the same as its the same meterial.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, the other threads did come in handy in the end, and I showed the issue to the dealer like the other folks here, and I'm getting a new leather seat cover for the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
:cheers:

Once they're done, remember to test out your heated seats. Since its summer now, if they break that, you won't know till next winter. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts