Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have spent a lot of time reading all threads related to the Sliding Door operation, and just can't find anything close to the problem I have.
I've just noticed this strange problem with the Sliding Door. Here are the scenarios...

When the Sliding Doors Main Switch is "OFF", both Sliding Doors cannot operate, which is normal and in good condition.

When the Sliding Doors Main Switch is "ON" and Front Doors are UNLOCKED, both Sliding Doors open and close in good condition.

Here's the actual problem...
When the Sliding Doors Main Switch is "ON" and Front Doors are LOCKED, the Passenger's Sliding Door cannot open (that's normal/good condition), but the Driver's Sliding Door can still open either with the Remote Transmitter or the Sliding Door Outside Handle. Under this condition, both Sliding Doors must not be able to open, or else anyone can just get in through the Sliding Doors.

Let's see if anyone of you can try this test and report their findings.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The first thing to do is clean the contacts on the leading edge of the door and pillar as mentioned in most door threads. If that doesn't do it look at the lock button and see if it is being pulled down when you lock the front door. If not you will probably need a new solenoid or at least clean it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Got to agree with William, it's either bad/dirty contacts on the pillar/door or thedoor lock motor has died and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding.

Before I start this new thread, I've read all previous threads related to the Sliding Door problem, and I've also cleaned all contacts on the pillar as well as the ones on the door.

So, you are saying that a bad door lock motor can cause the sliding door to open even when Front Doors are in the LOCKED position???

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeap. The front doors lock status has nothing to do with the operation of the sliding doors. If the door lock solenoid in the rear door doesn't lock then the door is unlocked and when you hit the button it will open. You'll notice with the other door that even with it locked you can hit the open button for the door and hear the door start to try moving and beep as it sees that the door is locked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts