Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am pretty sure that the issue is not with "them thinking about you and what you drive" - nobody gives a damn really. The issue is about "you thinking what other might be thinking about you and what you drive". So the problem is really internal to you. You just need to fix that up there in your head.
Well, that is of course if you don't have so called "friends" that poke fun at you for driving a van. Drop these friends then.
(y)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I’ve had my ‘06 since new and it’s my daily driver and don’t mind it at all. Only thing I wish it would have come with a factory backup camera. But, did buy a Garmin Drivesmart 55 and BC40 wireless backup camera.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
468 Posts
I’ve had my ‘06 since new and it’s my daily driver and don’t mind it at all. Only thing I wish it would have come with a factory backup camera. But, did buy a Garmin Drivesmart 55 and BC40 wireless backup camera.
Where do you mount the screen for the backup camera? Or did you replace the center rearview mirror?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The BC40 connects wirelessly and works with the Garmin 55 GPS. Only works with certain Garmin GPS models, won’t work with any other screen.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Also have you muzzled the vcm ? If not do it asap like yesterday. Buy this if you have put together ikea furniture you can install it. Take 10m View attachment 157267

You can muzzle these VCM systems with an 82 ohm resistor if you know where to put it Cost - irrelevant.

It's like the story of a fellow who submitted a bill to a client for of $1000.50 for a repair. The question here would be, "What's the $0.50 for"? The answer is, "The fifty cents was for the part. The thousand is for knowing where to put it".

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m 46 and it’s our only vehicle. Three kids as well. It drives smoothly and great for hauling bikes. I have to admit I was not crazy w the minivan idea when my wife “suggested” it. But now I can’t think less of it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did an informal observation when I was driving my Odyssey today. Of the 14 minivans I saw where I could see the driver (and excluding obvious commercial vehicles), 8 were driven by men and 6 by women, which I found a bit surprising.

Anyway, I've been driving the Odyssey daily for the past couple of months while working on an investment property where the cargo room has really come in handy. Even large SUVs like the Ford Expedition don't have the cargo space in the Odyssey.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
468 Posts
I always found it strange that the stereotype is that the minivan is the mom's car. I'm Chinese, and not to be racist or sexist or anything, but I know that within my family and friend circle, a lot of the Chinese women are terrified of driving such a large vehicle. For the most part, I've always known the Sienna/Odyssey to be the dad's car.

But, all 4 Odysseys that I looked at when buying mine were primarily driven by moms, not dads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if any of you other males drive an Odyssey as your primary everyday vehicle? I'm 35 years old but since I get off work before my wife I have to pick up our 3 kids from daycare and school (ages 1, 3, 6) I bought a used 2010 Odyssey since I needed a cheap reliable vehicle that has 3 rows. I cant stand driving a minivan as my only car if the kids aren't in the minivan, just feels weird. Is there anyone else that drives an Odyssey as thier primary car whos under the age of 40? I want to buy a used beater car just so I can drive it for my self but my wife thicks im thinking too much into it.

Thanks.

Joe.
Yes I am 52 I have my 1999 honda odyessy ex with 259000 second trainmission. My kids are grown up. I use it as my primary because I can run a 12 ft board all the way inside
To the windshield.

I just pucked up a2000 ford explorer xlt for $500 as I was working on my reving idle on the odyessy.

Its not great for picking up chicks. But it is fully loaded. Gets better mileage then a truck. But what do they do to trucks any how. They put a shell on it. Well our odyessy has a.c. and seats. They have a shell. And looks manlyer. And I feel safe driving in the snow wet pavement. And being in the North West I put studs on and relax about black ice

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if any of you other males drive an Odyssey as your primary everyday vehicle? I'm 35 years old but since I get off work before my wife I have to pick up our 3 kids from daycare and school (ages 1, 3, 6) I bought a used 2010 Odyssey since I needed a cheap reliable vehicle that has 3 rows. I cant stand driving a minivan as my only car if the kids aren't in the minivan, just feels weird. Is there anyone else that drives an Odyssey as thier primary car whos under the age of 40? I want to buy a used beater car just so I can drive it for my self but my wife thicks im thinking too much into it.

Thanks.

Joe.
I had a 2004 I drove everyday til 285k and it was retired. Coached baseball so all the gear fit in back. I liked to bring my mountain bike to work as it fit in the back with the 3rd row down. I now drive a sedan as the kids are older but I miss it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought my first minivan in the late 1980s while in my mid-30s and have owned one in the family nearly ever since. I am almost always the primary driver. Many benefits compared to a SUV, sedan or station wagon, for me at least, whether it was internally stowing a bicycle, going camping or supporting my surfing habit. The center seats are the first thing removed after purchase as I like the large space for stowing a bike or other stuff. The trunk space is rather large when the rear seat is up. The current minivan is used as a convertible camper van for annual road trips with an easily assembled/disassembled no-screws no-nails platform bed (only some duct tape).

21 - 33 of 33 Posts