Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On start up, the drl seems to stay on just a bit longer than usual. Now for the past week, it stays on after start up and goes out after about 10-15 minutes of driving. I have heard a contact sound near the pedals when the light goes out. Reading past threads on DRL brought me to the E-brake, played with that this morning to no avail.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Canadian metric thing, since 1991 all Canadian vehicles are required to have Daylight Running Lights. They automatically come on at the turn of the key. Ultra low beam at about 33% power.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
There is a switch on the e-brake that keeps the DRL's off when the e-brake is applied. I don't think that's the problem though.

The click you hear from the pedal area is the DRL relay. That relay is operated by the DRL controller. The DRL controller is known to develop intermittent operation of the DRL's caused by weak solder joints.

The DRL controller is located behind the glove box. Either replace it, or remove it and take it to a stereo repair place to have the weak solder joints reflowed.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
That's an excellent thread to refer the OP toward. (y)

That thread's title is confusing though. "DRL relay location" should be "DRL controller location". The repair is to a relay inside the DRL controller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts