Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, if I turn the switch to "Off" or "On" Position then DRL turns off and so does indicator on dashboard.
I take it back - the DRL indicator goes off only when I tun on low-beam lights. It stays on at other times.
Also, I observed the DRL lights are using lot of battery, after 10 mins of keeping them on (without engine running) my battery was hesitating to start the van. Finally it did start.
Is there a way to disable DRL completely so battery does not drain

·
Registered
133 Posts
hi guys just bumping this instead of starting a new post.

I've done the 9005 led upgrade to my odyssey. like everyone says it's for COSMETICS primarily. in terms of using them full time as a HIGHBEAM they won't be as bright or efficient as the bulb wasn't designed for this specific vehicle or lens.

I have a Canadian Odyssey so DRLs are necessary.

I also have the Check DRL light and ordered a resister pack off amazon. it'll get here in a few days and it's plug and play. I'll mount the resistors to the metal with some self taps.

quick thing I want to highlight is because they're LED the "flashing" behaviour will be a bit efficient and easier to see at distance because of the instant on and instant off an LED.

The xenon will do all my night lighting for me but I'll test the high beams on empty roads to see if I really want to keep these or go back to oem halogen 9005 or modified 9011/9012.

got my lights from AliExpress and advertised colour was 5000k and from day light and wall reflection it seems they match close with xenon again if I needed for night driving.

·
Registered
133 Posts
pics pls sir if possible
I don't have any before pics so I'll have to google those but as soon Im done shoveling today will do

m4gician
2012 Touring (Canada)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone experiencing too much heat from 55 Watt HID lowbeams?
Not too happy with my kensum 35Watt light output. Thinking about upgrading, but was reading about short longlivity and excess heat/ melting of housing

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll have to google those but as soon Im done shoveling today will do

m4gician
Have you done shoveling yet?
Just curious to see if the resistors work.
I just installed 9005 LEDs on my 05 Odyssey and the DRL is not working and the DRL warning light is on.
The high beams work when I manually turn/ flash it on.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
1 Posts
Have you done shoveling yet?
Just curious to see if the resistors work.
I just installed 9005 LEDs on my 05 Odyssey and the DRL is not working and the DRL warning light is on.
The high beams work when I manually turn/ flash it on.
Not sure if you're still curious about this, but I installed LEDs and was able to get rid of the DRL error with this resistor from ebay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure if you're still curious about this, but I installed LEDs and was able to get rid of the DRL error with this resistor from ebay.

Thanks! Going to order one now!

Reactions: robstu
41 - 50 of 50 Posts