Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2010 EXL, traded a 2000 EX w/ 256,000 miles.

Has anyone figured a great spot to place a mount for a Motorola Droid, the first one?

I had a vent clip that worked fair in the 2000, but that position on the new one is going to interfere with the radio and the heater.

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
oh, i hear you!!!

i had to mount the gps higher on the windshield so i could use it :)

i originally had it mounted to the lower left corner of the windshield and it was pretty obvious it was tooooooooooo far.

joel

amfmnsam said:
Thanks for the info. The windshield is too far away from my reach. I am looking for something dash mounted.

·
Registered
221 Posts
that is nice.

i've used similar in the past in my forester.

i think i would prefer the mount on the left side though.

post a pic after you install!!!

joel

whoa said:
I'd go with bracketron. Best aftermarket bracket location for this generation of Odyssey I've seen so far.

http://www.bracketron.com/media/support/installation/HON-300-05.pdf

The dashboard bezel is fairly easy to remove so installation is quite simple. I have it and will install it next week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link and info. Just called the supplier and they do not offer a custom solution that sits to the left of the center bezel. I do not want to reach that far. Nor do I want to look any farther to the right. The clock is a reach from driving position.

I too await your install and review.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The photo of the right side mount looks like it covers the passenger vent, somewhat.

I am looking at the adhesive mounts for the curved area between the Drivers console and the center area.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't want stuff hanging from the windshield.

Has anyone tried an adhesive solution? The spot above the left center vent, below the volume knob looks good to me.

I am toying with the Arkon Sm416 or SM428.

Then I need to run the wires behind the faceplates.

Thanks for the link to Fuelly.

·
Registered
389 Posts
amfmnsam said:
Don't want stuff hanging from the windshield.

Has anyone tried an adhesive solution? The spot above the left center vent, below the volume knob looks good to me.

I am toying with the Arkon Sm416 or SM428.

Then I need to run the wires behind the faceplates.

Thanks for the link to Fuelly.
Any adhesive solution would be permanent imo. It'd have to be strong enough to withstand vibrations which means the glue will need to react to the surface of the plastic for it to take hold. If you're ok with it, then fine. But if you sell the van, then you will need to either leave it on, remove it and have some unsightly damage or replace the trim piece. This, to me, is not an option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just did an iPod/Aux adapter install and remember seeing it when researching that. I will most likely install a mount when my wife upgrades to an Android phone from her iPhone for Navigation use.

Now, I believe the standard Motorola Droid car dock has AMPS mounting, so it should be easy to fit it right to this. I'll check my Droid dock...

--Bill

·
Registered
17 Posts
bigbill25 said:
It looks like PanaVise has what you want:

http://www.panavise.com/pdf_indash/75117-605.pdf

It looks like it is more involved to install, including removing the radio, cutting some trim, and making your own screw holes...

--Bill
WARNING! I just received this mount, and, when using it with the Droid 2 dock, interferes with the shift knob! There just isn't enough room there...

This mount would work find for a smaller cell phone, but not a smart phone that will be in landscape orientation.

--Bill

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one of these mounted (using double sided tape) on my folding tray between the two front cup holders. I'm using this for my DROID 2 phone and it's working great. I like this location because it's within reach and out of the sun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts