Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - new to the forum. I just bought a 2011 EX-L and tried to sync my Droid with the Bluetooth. I can make phone calls but the navigation doesn't sync - I cannot hear the turn-by-turn audio through the Bluetooth. I can do this in my wife's car (Prius) and was expecting to do this.

Does anyone know if its possible to hear Droid's turn-by-turn directions through an EX-L's speakers (Bluetooth)?

THANKS!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I see no one answered you here: I don't think so, I often wondered that myself, I did not know other cars had the feature of at least the audio, that would be a nice feature if the phone's navigation displayed on the dash display. I guess Honda wants people to buy that factory navigation system...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2012 Odyssey and am having the same issue with my Droid and navigation. If I start navigation outside of my car I hear turn by turn directions from the phone. Once I get into my car, the phone syncs with the bluetooth and I stop hearing the directions from the phone but I do not hear anything via the car audio. The way I get around this is by disconnecting the phone from the car bluetooth until I reach my destination. What is interesting is that if I keep the phone connected and I make or receive a phone call then while the phone conversation is in progress I hear the turn-by-turn directions coming over the car audio and drowning out my conversation!! Has anyone heard if this is the expected behavior?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It should definitely work with Iphone. I can hear turn-by-turn direction from car audio once I am in my Ody synced with my Iphone, and I saw threads from others saying the same thing using Iphone. But I don't have Droid phone so I can't say for sure if that would work. If not I suspect it's the Droid vs IOS issue...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks charlievan31. I will pass this on to my Honda service guys. Just a little FYI for everyone. My wife also has a Droid (different model) and we have the same issue with her phone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you on the AUX setting mode? That's the way it works for me. So if i'm listening to XM or the radio, it won't come out of the speakers (in that case if you want to hear the turn by turn out of your phone speaker, turn off the BT setting on your phone). If you want to hear it over the speakers be sure your BT is on and the mode is in AUX - i stream a lot of music via my phone all the time so it's usually on that setting anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts