Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, posting for my father, he has an '06 LX that originally got 25mpg hwy., dropped to 22mpg recently and is now down to 20mpg with 53K. I'm leaning towards a general tune up - plugs/pcv/clean TB, bottle of gas cleaner or seafoam in the tank.

Is there a way to display codes on the dash of the Odyssey like other vehicles? Normally you turn the key to on and then press 2 buttons simultaneously like 'info' and 'up' etc. This is built in on other models and gives general info. short of buying an OBDII. Does anyone know the trick to doing this in the odyssey? and are the codes posted anywhere? i looked in the FAQ but didn't see this listed. I want to pull the general codes to make sure he doesn't have worn out O2 sensors or something else before throwing parts at the car.

Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let me know if you get it fixed. I have an 05 touring, 52k miles and I was getting 14mpg. I have a post right now. I replaced 6 spark plugs, all 4 o2 sensors, thermostat, air filter with no change. I cleaned the intake with seafoam motor cleaner, and I'm now almost at 18mpg. I can't get it any higher.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, unfortunately he's 500 mi. away with the van. I hope to do a tuneup on it when they come for Thanksgiving. Are all the plugs easily accessable?
I can't believe honda doesn't have a built in diagnostic mode for the dash computer?
Jon

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Since 1996 very few vehicles have a way of flashing out the codes. Is his check engine light on? If so almost ang auto parts store today will read the computer codes for free. There is no such thing as a 'tune up' today. There are certain service items listed at certain intervals. Plugs are at about 100k today. Is he having the service done when called for?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts