Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an '04 Odyssey EX. It has an aftermarket overhead DVD unit and PIE Aux adapter with a factory single-din headunit.

I want to hookup the DVD system so that the vocals from the DVD play to the rear of the van and music can play to the front, like the OEM RES Unit with dual-zone capabilities. After pondering this for over 2 years, I still haven't figured out a way to do this without buying a separate radio and speakers. Does anyone have anythoughts on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks!!! :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just so you understand how the factory RES works, you don't get different audio out of front and rear speakers. If the head unit sees the front and rear both on, it turns off the rear speakers and only sends audio over the headphones. I am guessing your overhead unit has the IR headphone transmitter thus making it very similar in function to the factory res unit. You can just fade the volume from the rear to front.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just so you understand how the factory RES works, you don't get different audio out of front and rear speakers. If the head unit sees the front and rear both on, it turns off the rear speakers and only sends audio over the headphones. I am guessing your overhead unit has the IR headphone transmitter thus making it very similar in function to the factory res unit. You can just fade the volume from the rear to front.
I test drove an 04 EX RES and I rember the kids watching a movie in the back with the video sounds coming out the back speakers and the Sade CD coming out the front. :huh:

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a simpler way!

I test drove an 04 EX RES and I rember the kids watching a movie in the back with the video sounds coming out the back speakers and the Sade CD coming out the front. :huh:
Goto crutchfield.com and checkout the kenwood DNX6960. It will allow dual zone control automatically using the head unit, and I believe you can specify what speakers you want on/off when DVD mode is selected. :D

V/r,

Wil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts