Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time poster, I'll try to keep it short..:)I'm pretty picky but my wife will drive anything. We had a 2006 sienna, loved it!The 2006 was pretty nice, only real issue was it ate tires like crazy, lucky to get 15k a set but loved the van so I dealt with that drawback.We went van shopping last year and of course I wanted to get another sienna but I must say I wasnt impressed, lots of hard plastics etc but then we went to look at the honda. I was like, lets get the honda, wife wanted the sienna because of the blue that they had. While trying to convince her to the honda, kind of hurt my case because the honda dealers were selling at full sticker, not a dime off. So I said what the heck, we can get the sienna for less than MSRP. Bought the sienna........Don't get me wrong, there are pros and cons to both vans, let me just tell you what pissed me off living with the sienna.The tire issue in the 2006, well NOT fixed, rotated 3 times in 14K and you can see the tires were wearing FAST!!Floaty ride, that combined with no feedback steering made the van feel like it had 150K on the clock.My elbows would get sore because the pads on the door and seat were hard as a rock.Seems like they hid the gas guage on purpose, LOL, upper right of speedo, right in front of the steering wheel, no matter where you tilt the wheel, you can't see guage unless you bend your head sideways. Don't they test these cars in the field??????????? My wife uses the van 75% of the time and drives like an old lady, best mpg we ever got was 14.5 and thats with the 6 speed. We had the XLE with nav and rear dvd, around 40K, and guess what, no auto headlights!! When I looked at the car, didn't even think to look, you pay that kind of money, should have them no?Yeah, took a beating on the sienna, sold it to carmax, gave us much more than the dealer. Honda are now are doing deals so thats why I made the move, didn't hurt too much. Only made this post to advise anyone else or maybe a lurker who is going back and forth with the sienna or ody. I bought the Sienna and had regrets.-Bobby

·
Registered
687 Posts
bobby35ny, welcome to Odyclub. How are you liking your Honda Odyssey so far?

The Toyota Sienna does have a few pluses I like including the smart key, rain sensing wipers and the ability to watch DVDs/videos on the front screen. However, there are many negatives that really turn me off:

1. The Sliding tracks for second row seats and the trolley wheels that can't be removed when you take out the seat.

2. The hard plastic interior and overall interior design.

3. The floaty steering and road feel.

4. The dated looking entertainment and NAV systems.

5. The inability to use the NAV system (voice commands only) while the car is in motion.

Enjoy your new van!

;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
That was a short post ;)
we also considered the Sienna but like Gstom1 stated above led us to the Ody's
even WITH the oil loss were dealing with still love this van. It's a love/hate relationship right now

·
Registered
235 Posts
the back up camera on Sienna was a Joke it's so small that even my good eye sight 20/20 i cant barely see the camera for that far away

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
based on your posting there, are you saying Honda did change something to the driver's dead pedal/foot rest for 2012? You feel like you have more legroom now compared to the 2011 model you test drove? However, it still seems other 2012 owners are still complaining about it???
They had a 2012 EX-L w/NAV in the showroom when I serviced mine (blue as well for what is worth :p), so I spent sometime playing around. Exactly the same thing, no changes :dunno:

·
Registered
216 Posts
based on your posting there, are you saying Honda did change something to the driver's dead pedal/foot rest for 2012? You feel like you have more legroom now compared to the 2011 model you test drove? However, it still seems other 2012 owners are still complaining about it???
I drove eight 2012 EX models and they all had more room for the left leg than the 2011 models I tried when they first came out. I didn't buy a 2011 because I didn't fit; the 2012 fits fine. 6-1 with a 34 inch inseam. So yes, there was a change sometime between when the 2011 first came out and the 2012 model year.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
So yes, there was a change sometime between when the 2011 first came out and the 2012 model year.
It might be the color or the leather thickness then :p

I have one of the early 2011 ones and saw no changes on dead pedal nor seat legroom extension in the 2012. The reason I did check is because I saw your same post in ToyotaNation and thought that, if it is a bolt-on fix, I would not mind it.

wife wanted the sienna because of the blue that they had.
I'm not shocked, decisions based on color, been there before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts