Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my '11 Ody on a camping trip that involved driving down several gravel roads. When I got home the Ody was encased in dust (a good 1/4" on the wipers and most other surfaces).

Should I change the air filter even though the vehicle has only 1k miles? I'm concerned that I clogged it up with all the dust.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Pull the filyer and look at it. You should also look at the cabin filter. Vaccuum out the compartments if there is a lot of dust. If a lot of dust on the filter you could just vaccuum them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks - anyone know how to get to the cabin air filter on a 2011? I assume just drop the glove box?

·
Administrator
14,556 Posts
With only 1K miles on the clock, I believe you're being too paranoid. The change intervals of 12Kish for the engine air filter and iirc 15K for the cabin air filter are very conservative and you don't need to do ANYTHING currently at 1K. So what that you got a bit of dust on your new car? That is precisely WHY they have filters to catch it and the filters should only be replaced at the recommended intervals otherwise its just a waste of money.

If you want to inpect it, I completely understand but replacing at 1K because you had a dusty trip is a bit extreme imho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts