Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends

What's the best thing you can keep in your Odyssey to dust the dash?

(I'm referring to daily or weekly dusting, not dusting after years of neglect or in the aftermath of a tornado with the windows down and doors open.)

I'm guessing it's a lint-free cloth and/or soft brush. I just saw a Swissvax brush made for this very purpose, but paying US$16 for what didn't cost the manufacturer US$0.25 rubs me the wrong way.

I have a 2012 Odyssey EX-L with navigation in white with a gray interior. It shows dust very well, especially the black plastic area under the radio.

(We bought our Odyssey on October 10 or 11 and have about 250 miles on it. I'm beginning to really love this van. It replaces my thirteen-year-old Chevy Malibu. I believe "mini-van" is a misnomer because there's nothing mini about the Odyssey. We have a regular two-car garage and because our Odyssey is so big, we can't even open the lift gate without the garage door's being up.)

--Jaddie

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
A Swiffer is a fast and easy solution to cleaning dust from the dash and also from the control panels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Dave

Thanks for responding.

I'll check out Swiffer's offerings.

--Jaddie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Dave

I used a Swiffer today for the first time and am really impressed.

Feedback like yours is why I'm an internet forum junkie.

Thanks a bunch!

If you have a question about Macs, iPhone/iPad, graphic design, photo editing, or camera equipment, please give me a chance to pay you back.

--Jaddie

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
You're welcome!

See you around
Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've used a California Duster with good results. Received it as a gift and it had a big duster for the exterior and a small one for the interior. It's like an old string type mop with a soft waxy coating that picks up dust. I don't trust using it on the exterior of the car, but for the interior it works pretty good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Using a simple small duster, or soft paint brush, while at the SAME time, hold the vacuum hose just next to the brush to suck up the dust as your swipe. this prevents teh dust from simple moving one spot to the next. Also, Mcquires odor remover sorks well after kids leave aan apple under the seat for a couple weeks....

·
Registered
6 Posts
chalk up another recommendation for the swiffer duster...not quite as big as the california duster but just as effective. Fits well in the upper glove box and easy access.

P

·
Registered
313 Posts
I use a microfiber cloth (either wet or dry) to pick up dust and other gunk that gets into the interior. They are cheap and readily available.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Another vote here for the California Mini-Duster, the perfect size for dash touch-up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts