Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 odyssey the DVD player works just when we eject a dvd it stops just as starts to come its weird that it stops just the tip of dvd shows and we have to hurry and pry it out bc after like 8 seconds the dvd will go back in any ideas anyone thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have a 2011 odyssey the DVD player works just when we eject a dvd it stops just as starts to come its weird that it stops just the tip of dvd shows and we have to hurry and pry it out bc after like 8 seconds the dvd will go back in any ideas anyone thanks in advance
have your kids crammed coins in the slot, thinking its a jukebox?
what model odyssey?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011 touring elite
my kids are never in front so I doubt it but I try and I am going to get a can of compressed air see if that clears any thing

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
2011 touring elite
my kids are never in front so I doubt it but I try and I am going to get a can of compressed air see if that clears any thing
what model Odyssey?

if you ever need to remove the stereo and inspect its internals, this guy makes great removal videos.

on home bluray players and previous dvd players, I have had to clean or adjust the lasers.
use distilled water and a qtip/ cotton bud for cleaning.

laser adjustments, you will need the schematics for the stereo.

I think honda uses panasonic for its radios, but have not delved any deeper on that.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Roger... if all else fails ditch the dvd like I did and install an android tv or chomecast on the hdmi port in the back.
bit of a pain getting power to the thing, not sure what the morons at honda were thinking, but once you get juice to your android on the hdmi.
its gold and WAYYY better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts