Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having hard time deciding to get a ody with factory installed DVD system or get a regular EX and have after market stuff. Reason I am leasing and the diff is about 50 bucks.
also is a 7 inch screen enough, please advise

·
Registered
585 Posts
Boy, you must really want an answer! ;-)

There's a ton of info in the archives; I would say if its a lease you'd better stick w/ the Honda unit and 7" is plenty large IMO. After all, you're not building a home theater back there!

...well, most of us aren't anyway...

·
Registered
350 Posts
My latest thinking on entertainment systems.

With three kids, I could buy each of them their own portable dvd player for the price of the factory installed unit and have some money left over to buy some dvds.

(not that I'm going to)

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I totally agree with Marv, since you are leasing. Since you will probably turn the car back in (I assume), it's easier that way, and you maintain set value with the factory option. Aftermarket could be dicey.
7" is the largest aftermarket 16:9 screen widely available at this time. If you go 4:3, you can get VERY big, though most agree 7" is perfectly fine.
The argument for aftermarket lies in those who want a customized solution, with better options for sound (mobile theater) and more system flexibility. Also, those really budget conscious go aftermarket, since systems can be done for less than $500 with screen, DVD, headphones, etc...
My (short) 2 cents.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
After all, you're not building a home theater back there!

...well, most of us aren't anyway...
</font>
p.s. - Speak for yourself!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shinjohn (edited 02-09-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts