Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we put in a DVD into our 2005 Ody DVD player. When we tried to eject it, it says "DVD Jam - eject", however it won't eject the DVD. It really sounds like it wants to, but in the end it won't.

HELP, please!

·
Registered
30 Posts
You need to take another CD and partly stick in on top of the one in there, then hit eject. wiggle the second one around alittle and pull it out quick. that will usualy get the stuck one lined up to be carried up and out.
My 05 had the same $550 dollar problem. Now there is a aftermarket drawer where the DVD player used to be and a $190 dollar aftermarket 12" screen DVD player hanging off the head liner. Problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
xtriggerman said:
You need to take another CD and partly stick in on top of the one in there, then hit eject. wiggle the second one around alittle and pull it out quick. that will usualy get the stuck one lined up to be carried up and out.
My 05 had the same $550 dollar problem. Now there is a aftermarket drawer where the DVD player used to be and a $190 dollar aftermarket 12" screen DVD player hanging off the head liner. Problem solved.
Or, you could search and find threads on the same problem where folks just pulled the RES fuse for an hour on so and reset the system which in turn will spit out the disk. :D

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2 DVDs stuck

We had a DVD that was stuck in our Odyssey. I hadn't tried to resolve it yet and my daughter pushed a 2nd DVD into the DVD player. We now have 2 DVD's in there. Any suggestions on how to get them out? We are not getting an error code, it just says "loading". The eject button does not work at all.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
We had a DVD that was stuck in our Odyssey. I hadn't tried to resolve it yet and my daughter pushed a 2nd DVD into the DVD player. We now have 2 DVD's in there. Any suggestions on how to get them out? We are not getting an error code, it just says "loading". The eject button does not work at all.
Well. With 2 disks stuck in there, even pulling the fuse won't reset the system. You are going to have to find a way to pull out the 2nd disk using forceps or some other tool and get the disk out and then try to reset the system by pulling the RES fuse and see if it resets the player. Hopefully, the mechanism that moves the disk in/out is not damaged due to the forced 2nd disk and it all works out.

If you cannot pull out the 2nd disk, you don't have a choice but to open it up and coax the disk back out by pushing it out from the inside of the unit after removing the top cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts