Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, when I’m trying to load a DVD disc, it loads for a minute and then gives an error (showing “error” without any numbers), tried like 9 different discs, blue ray and regular.

PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
2018 EX
2,262 Posts
Hi BigBog. Welcome aboard!

Like our home DVD players, they can get dirty once in a while. I think you can get DVD cleaning discs that have little brushes on them that scuff off dust and dirt that may reside on the laser. Have you tried that?

·
Administrator
14,520 Posts
Welcome to the OdyClub BigBog.

If multiple disks are doing that and a cleaner does not help, it may be your unit. I have seen the DVD drives die where they spin the disk but can't read them as the laser eye that reads them is dead. I have had that happen to my computer drives before.

Reactions: BigBog

·
Administrator
14,520 Posts
Thanks for the reply @honda and @dvpatel!
Will definitely give it a try and if will not work will take it to Honda.
Are you still under extended warranty? If you don’t have warranty, Honda will be expensive as heck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you still under extended warranty? If you don’t have warranty, Honda will be expensive as heck.
Actually I just bought the vehicle, and I also bought the extended warranty, and if they will not be able to figure it out I’ll probably going to return the vehicle and get another one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts