Honda Odyssey Forum banner

101 - 120 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Group Buy Update

Including myself we have 10 "interested" people. I'll wait until the Sept 30th (Friday) before making the arrangements. Then we'll see who is committed to this group buy. I'm open to extending the date if necessary.

·
Registered
46 Posts
nshom said:
I think I've answered enough questions :) . If anyone has any questions about this unit, how it works, installing it, etc. go to WWW.TVANDNAV2GO.COM or call them.
I just spoke to WWW.TVANDNAV2GO.COM, his name is Dominic. He will join this forum and post the group buy so if you PMed me please make sure Dom knows who you are. I am NO LONGER keeping the list.

He did confirm to me:
- This unit will work with the existing factory RES & NAV. It will allow the DVD video to play on both the factory RES screen and the NAV screen at the same time.

- This group buy is not limited to the Odyssey only. He will take orders for any vehicle just check with him first or at the above web page for availibility.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Make sure he checks in with the website adminstrators first. Vendors need special permissions before they can sell anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Convet Your Nav to a DVD/TV

Hi Everyone
This is Dominic from www.TVandNav2Go.com. Our unit will give you 2 video inputs 1 for dvd and 1 for backup camera. You will be able to display whatever you want on the front screen including the RES. If you guys want to do the group buy please let me know and we can get it started. You can purchase a plug and play cable if you want but this will cost you an extra $100. Please call me if any questions at 718-763-7367.
Thanks Dominic of www.TVandNav2Go.Com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone have this already installed? I'd like to see pictures if anyone can post some.

Is it just me or does this seem kind of expensive?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
If you go to our web page you will see pictures. If you price the
unit you will see that we are the cheapest around. I can 100% garantee that I will beat any price you get on this unit. This mod also does not affect your nav in any way. The nav will still give you perfect directions while your passanger watches a dvd movie.
Thanks Dominic of www.TVandnav2Go.com

·
Registered
142 Posts
paulwpark,

I agree that $200 is expensive.

I think the price will be somewhat reasonable if we get to the 31-40 buyers and it's $125 apiece. But I'd still like that plug-and-play connection for ease of removal, and I don't think I could justify another $100 to get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks guys for exploring this issue in depth. If I understand, the plug & play version will cost $100.00 additionally and the module will allow 2005 Odyssey Tourings with RES and NAV systems to view the same median without having to add a DVD player. If this is the case, I would like to be added to the group buy for the plug and play version. Who's keeping the list of names? I am ready to buy!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
...oh yeah, I'd be interested as well, if I could be assured that what I'm getting is the ability to view my RES DVD's on the Nav screen as well, without interferring with the Nav or any other data...so essentially it just ADDS the Nav screen to the DVD output screens...

...am I understanding this correctly !??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
Your Nav unit will work the same and be just as accurate as it currently is except now you will also be able to watch dvd's on you nav screen. I think what I will do is if nshom agrees, is give him a unit for $125 and let him take pictures for the rest of the forum members. Better yet I will do this, I will take nshom and 1 more member and give them the units for $125 and let them review it and post pictures. How does this sound???
Thanks Dominic of www.TVandNav2Go.com

rktech said:
...oh yeah, I'd be interested as well, if I could be assured that what I'm getting is the ability to view my RES DVD's on the Nav screen as well, without interferring with the Nav or any other data...so essentially it just ADDS the Nav screen to the DVD output screens...

...am I understanding this correctly !??
:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dominic - count me in! Let's get that unit shipped out to nshom so we can get some pictures and experience in the Ody!

:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
kave said:
Dominic - count me in! Let's get that unit shipped out to nshom so we can get some pictures and experience in the Ody!

:)
I have a similar plug-n-play unit in car Acura TSX. It's from WWW.AVELECTRONIC.COM and it cost me over $500. This unit allows my DVD video to play on the car's NAV screen and has backup camera capability. When viewing DVDs on the NAV screen the NAV is operating you just don't see it. There's a toggle switch so you can view the NAV or video. While watching DVDs on the NAV screen the NAV voice will still give you directions. From my understanding, after speaking to domoftvandnav2g, his unit works the same way.

After work today I will post a picture of my TSX screen playing a video. I purchased mine last Christmas and had I known about domoftvandnav2g unit I would have waited.

There was a group buy on WWW.ACURA-TSX.COM (which I am a member) and that's how I learned about domoftvandnav2g's unit. If you check the links I provided in my earlier posts to this thread you can judge for yourself.

I am in no way trying to directly promote domoftvandnav2g's unit (even though it sounds like it). I'm just relaying my purchasing experience with this type of mod.

Also, I just checked WWW.AVELECTRONIC.COM and they seem to now have a "budget" plug-n-play version of their adaptor for $250.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There are a number of reasons why people want to be able to see the RES video on the Navi display.

1) it makes starting the DVD from the front seat much easier. A lot of DVDs have menus that you have to navigate to get them started. Doing that blind from the front seat while your kids are fussing is a pain.

2) What about the passenger in the front seat - they might like to watch the movie too.

3) There are a lot of times when one parent waits out in the van while the other runs in to the store to buy something. It is nice to be able to watch the video with the kids without getting in the back seat.

There are a few more but this should give you an idea why we're so gung ho on this.

Count me in for one . . .

·
Registered
19 Posts
darylhunter...simply stated...its entertainment and convenience!

I want one too.

darylhunter said:
There are a number of reasons why people want to be able to see the RES video on the Navi display.

1) it makes starting the DVD from the front seat much easier. A lot of DVDs have menus that you have to navigate to get them started. Doing that blind from the front seat while your kids are fussing is a pain.

2) What about the passenger in the front seat - they might like to watch the movie too.

3) There are a lot of times when one parent waits out in the van while the other runs in to the store to buy something. It is nice to be able to watch the video with the kids without getting in the back seat.

There are a few more but this should give you an idea why we're so gung ho on this.

Count me in for one . . .

·
Registered
854 Posts
ahhh I see. No wonder I am not as gung-ho as I used to be.

My 6 year old handles those duties with the remote.

My co-pilot's duties are to keep me entertained :) Watching a dvd will distract them from those duties.

Jawbreaker on my cell phone is one great way to pass time. CNN on satellite radio is another.

101 - 120 of 413 Posts