Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2006 Honda odyssey EX-L. I put in an aftermarket dvd player and overhead screen. After 3 years of operation, the dvd has stopped reading dvds recently. I think the screen still works. I tried using dvd head cleaning dvd but that didn't work. An aftermarket shop is asking for $350 to put in a new dvd player. Is there any cheaper alternative?
Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had an aftermarket overhead DVD in my old Town and Country. Something like this happened to me twice. I disconnected the power for a bit (5 minutes or so) and reconnected. Worked OK after that. Guess it just needed a reboot or something.

Might try that. Can't hurt.

I'm convinced electronics need to be threatened with the starvation of power every now and then or they'll forget their place in the universe!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks for the tip. I am such a novice about this. But please could you tell me how to unplug the dvd player?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Find the fuse or fuses for the DVD.. Unplug the fuse for a couple minutes. Verify in your owners manual if there is a security code that needs to be re-entered in order for it to operate after being unplugged. Or see if there is mention of a specific reset procedure in your owners manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts