Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Ody '02 GG-RES for almost a week now and absolutely love it. Already the DVD system has come to the rescue with our screaming toddlers a couple of times (though I'd really hate making a habit out of it). Has anyone out there with a RES experienced intermittent skipping during playback of DVDs? It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen, and whether the car is driving or stationery. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by forgaming:
Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks. </font>
Have you tried cleaning the disks and then playing them? I've seen this help many times with DVD players (especially since you say the skipping happens even when the vehicle is stationary).

·
Registered
564 Posts
Agreed. If it happens when the car is still, it is a tracking error. The laser could be out of adjustment, but more likely it is a dirty disk. Remember to clean across disk (center out) and not around the disk. Microfiber towels work great for this!

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, and now maybe coming on November 2!
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, you guys. So even if the disk (the underside) has fingerprints (like, of small children's, who else), and nothing like scratches or warping, is that enough to cause skipping? When it does happen, it goes in series, then it stops, and maybe another series of skipping several seconds later.

·
Registered
52 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by forgaming:
So even if the disk (the underside) has fingerprints (like, of small children's, who else), and nothing like scratches or warping, is that enough to cause skipping? </font>
Yes, I have seen fingerprints being the culprit for DVDs skipping in the past (even without scratches or warping). Good luck!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Most folks assume that DVDs are much the same as CDs. They sure look the same. But they can be far more finiky (assuming that is a word). There's lots more data crammed on a given DVD, and that means that finger prints become bigger obstacles.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, and now maybe coming on November 2!
2001 Civic EX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts