Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our 2001 White LX this past weekend. We were considering the Honda Video system, but I was reluctant to use what I consider 8 track technology in a brand new vehicle. I see VCRs facing the same death 8 tracks experienced a few years back. The dealer wanted $1979 for the VCP system installed excluding taxes.

I found a Panasonic DVD/CD/AM FM Radio that we used to replace the factory AM/FM cassette (Model #DVR-7000U--brand new to market). Has a remote and the same functions as my Panasonic DVD Changer I have in the house. We had a Clarion 6.4" overhead screen installed. Out the door cost installed was $1822.

To me, it's a way nicer system than the Honda VCP. Sounds great with factory speakers--prologic surround sound. I will probably replace factory speakers eventually.

Just something for you to consider. Her's link to Panasonic:

http://panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/dvd_audio/mobile.asp#a2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does this affect warranty coverage at all? If something electrical goes wrong in the car, is Honda going to deny a claim b/c of the aftermarket DVD system?

------------------
Susan
'01 SS EX, cargo tray

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know and I am not worried about it. I had a Kenwood CD player installed in my 91 Accord and never had any problems over 10 years. The DVD player is Panasonic designed to operate in any car. I could not even imagine what problem would surface. All radios work on same 12 volt system and it has fuses installed. It's no different than the stock radio or the cheap Honda VCP system they wanted to sell me except way better.

I don't regret this decision one second. Professionally done and a better radio than any Honda factory system.

·
Registered
153 Posts
About voiding the warranty coverage - it would depend on what failed electrically. Honda would need to have a credible explanation tying the DVD installation to the electrical failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts