Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

First time poster here, glad to be part of the community.

Long story short, inherited the family van after a nasty wreck. It's a 2005 EX-L. Unfortunately, I come from a vindictive, destructive family dynamic that resulted in the Odyssey receiving a plethora of custom damage from a drunk father 10 years ago, part of which I think included the entertainment system. It's strange, the DVD player has a green light, turns on, but just doesn't want to play. The screen also has no damage. Is this something that has happened to any of your Ody's? I am just trying to rule out the foul play, so I can assess what needs to be done, if anything can be done, and figure out next steps.

Gratzi! And once again, glad to be here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same problem. Rear screen turns on but won't advance past loading. It will take and eject a dvd just fine. My CD changer also does not work consistently. I am contemplating replacing both the head unit and dvd player with salvage units.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the same problem. Rear screen turns on but won't advance past loading. It will take and eject a dvd just fine. My CD changer also does not work consistently. I am contemplating replacing both the head unit and dvd player with salvage units.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Since you are at a replace point, you can try this last thing. First know that the data on the DVD is on the label side. The bottom is just clear plastic. Get some 91% alcohol and swab the clear side of the DVD, then insert it in the player. This will possibly clean the DVD lens. Try 3 times. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts