Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from picking up our new 2002 EX-RES Evergreen Pearl!! Unbelievable experience! Ordered in October ($500 under MSRP) for build date of 12/15. Dealer called in November saying they were back ordered expecting delivery in late Jan/early Feb
Phone rang this morning -- Van IN
!!We drove 60 miles to Morristown, TN to pick it up. Wife got to drive it home but I bet I enjoyed the the drive from behind just as much as she did! Our 4 year old was mesmerized by the RES the entire way home. Anyone near East Tennessee interested in a no hassle buying experience feel free to e-mail for details!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Congratulations odydoc!

Enjoy the new vehicle. It is sooo tempting to really step on the accelerator, but hold out until after the break-in period.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
131 Posts
We just picked up our EXL-RES 8 days ago. We weren't really shopping but the dealer had this van on the lot for about 3 weeks and we bought it!!! We are very happy!!!

Tonight I popped "Cats and Dogs" in the DVD and took the kids for an 1 1/2 hour ride while mom (errr Santa) wrapped presents.

I haven't had the van over 3K RPM's yet. What is considered break-in on these motors? I didn't really notice anything more in the manual other than avoid full throttle starts and hard stops for a couple hundred miles. I have 300 on it now...

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
169 Posts
Cograts On your new Ody. I now have had mine for 1 month in a 1\2 and I love it. Purchased mine on Nov 4.

------------------
Odyssey 2002 Granite Green with DVD. Mudguards, and Fender flares.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to drive it to work this morning. Much better view of the road than in my '96 Accord. What is the break in period for the 2002? I can't find it in the manual.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good question. My salesman said there really wasn't any break-in period - "Honda makes these new Odysseys good to go". He was very good overall but not flawless so I'll trust judgement here. We've been treading somewhat lightly but w/little ones in the back that's sort of how we drive anyway.

------------------
dMax
'02 GG EX-L w/fog lights

P

·
0 Posts
I don't remember what page it's on, but the manaul has a page about the break in period. Basically, it's be easy on the brakes and vary the RPMs (while still being gentle) for the first 600 miles. Cruise control is a no-no.

Michelle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on your new EP!!!!

Our ody came in yesterday too!Remember,Drive safe and enjoy!

------------------
2002 GG EX-L
1993 Ford F-150
1995 BMW 318I

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got my ggEX last weekend. Trying to figure out how to use the "automatic re-lock featur". The little alarm remote control instruction paper said,"30 seconds after pressing the unlock/disarm botton, doors will relock, unless the key is in the ignition or a door has been opened." I had tried to unlock and waited to several minutes, but it didn't lock(arm) it up by itself. How can I set up the automatic feature? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

------------------
2002 OdyEX
1991 AccSE

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HondaForever:
Just got my ggEX last weekend. Trying to figure out how to use the "automatic re-lock featur". The little alarm remote control instruction paper said,"30 seconds after pressing the unlock/disarm botton, doors will relock, unless the key is in the ignition or a door has been opened." I had tried to unlock and waited to several minutes, but it didn't lock(arm) it up by itself. How can I set up the automatic feature? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

</font>
It should work automatically without any setup.

Remember that it is a RElock feature, not a lock feature. So, the van has to be fully locked before you start. Press the unlock button once - wait 30 seconds - and the van should relock itself. Is this what you are doing?

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just returned from Christmas road trip. Our new Ody had all the relatives ooohing and ahhing, especially the magic 3rd row seat. Have yet to find any complaints with our new addition. It has been everything and more. 20mpg with about 40/60 city/hwy driving. DVD-RES also well worth the extra cash spent. Anyone know average battery life per headphone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts