Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everybody,

Has any one tried buying from this ebay seller easyandgreasy particularly this item 380234571140? It's a downloadable service manual of 05 to 09 Ody. Not sure if it's the complete digital copy of the paper manual sold by Helms.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
amignaci

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know anything about both the manual or the seller. But if all you have to loose is $6.99, then I will say it is not a bad deal.

amignaci said:
Hi Everybody,

Has any one tried buying from this ebay seller easyandgreasy particularly this item 380234571140? It's a downloadable service manual of 05 to 09 Ody. Not sure if it's complete like the one sold by Helms.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
amignaci

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If you buy them, let us know if they are worth it! (the seller has a bunch of other manuals, too - saw some Subaru ones which is too bad as the service manuals all the way back to 1996 are online if you poke around a bit - I've never been able to find ones for the Ody online, though - accords, civics, etc. of different years, but no Odys...)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I got one, not sure it was this one, and was disappointed by their quality. I ended up subscribing for 3 days to techinfo.honda.com and printing a bunch of the manuals to PDF files so I could keep them.

Took more time but it as a better value, IMHO. However, as this is 6.99, it's definitely worth a shot.

Nicolas

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I figured that's what these people had done - and were just selling their collection of pdf files... maybe not...

for the techinfo site, are the pages set up as a bunch of links to pdf files which you can download? Curious if you can use a download helper program to grab them en masse, or if you have to do them one by one (which could be pretty tedious, depending on how fragmented the manuals are) - I'd rather get them from the techinfo site, but I don't have days to sit around in front of the 'puter downloading hundreds of files, one by one...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Techinfo is odd: they're not pdf files but something else, so you have to view them one by one and print them to PDF. I used CutePDF.

As to eBay, it is also odd as it is not exactly the techinfo stuff. They might have scanned a paper manual or copied and pasted the techinfo stuff.

And yes, it is tedious. I did about 400 files over 3 days.

Nicolas

·
Registered
606 Posts
I got a Saturn manual from some a-hole who bootlegged something like Alldata and then just put massive files of PDF's on a disk and called it a manual. No index. No real text, but lots of pictures. He had a 100% guarantee but then told me to go take a flying flock or something like that but I was only out $12 and did have something to show, but ended up buying the Helm manual instead. Unfortunately Ebay changed their policies and by the time the dork didn't refund my money it was over the 30 day time limit, same for PayPal. But Feedback was sweet....:ahh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts