Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the front control arms, ball-joints, bushings, etc. on my 1995 that I just bought. I see that there are many eBay sellers selling these as a kit with the control arms, ball-joints, bushings and pretty much everything you need for a complete overhaul for around $100. Has anyone had experience with these "generic" parts ?? Is it worth it going OEM on these parts ?? I need to order these in the next couple of days and I appreciate your comments.

Here's one kit that I'm looking at:
STEERING CONTROL ARMS BALL JOINTS TIE ROD ENDS ACCORD - eBay (item 370487089951 end time Apr-23-11 12:59:23 PDT)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took Yakuza's advice and checked on OEM pricing. After looking in several places that sell OEM, I see that a single OEM control arm costs more than the whole eBay kit !!! I need to search some more. I would love to stay OEM but it seems that, for the price, I could replace all the components down the road with another eBay kit and still save a significant amount of money.

Does anyone know a good place to price the OEM parts ??

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
38 Posts
have you cked out napa's prices and selection? i've used their outer tie rod ends on mine, and still going strong after 2 years.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't NAPA much like the eBay stuff ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used Moog suspension parts which all worked very well. They were all priced resonablely well, too. I also liked them due to the fact that all have grease fittings on them. Even the sway bar end links and tie rod ends. Four total on each side. Ball joints come with a 90 degree one so you can grease it without removing the wheel. Lifetime warranty on all. Only the toe in/out is adjustable on the from end. I also changed the rear tie rod to an adjustable one when replacing them. Your steering wheel should return to straight ahead after going around a corner if your alignment is correct. Mechanics call it auto return.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just talked to a shop, and found out that energy suspension are way to stiff! haha..so ill stick to generic or oem :)
Depending on your goals, having stiffer suspension is actually a good thing. In my case, I went with Energy Suspension. Cheaper than OEM, better quality, longer lasting, and nicer, firmer ride which, in my case, I like :)

On the other hand, I still have to fix a squeaky rear-lower control arm and I haven't found an ES bushing for it .. anyone know where I might find one ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depending on your goals, having stiffer suspension is actually a good thing. In my case, I went with Energy Suspension. Cheaper than OEM, better quality, longer lasting, and nicer, firmer ride which, in my case, I like :)

On the other hand, I still have to fix a squeaky rear-lower control arm and I haven't found an ES bushing for it .. anyone know where I might find one ??
hmmm how firm is firm?

Would old people and kids like to ride in it on a road trip? hehe..

·
Registered
930 Posts
Isn't NAPA much like the eBay stuff ??
Nope. I recommend Moog parts. The "Ebay" parts i can say been there, done that, NEVER again! And yes it was the same parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts