Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see two types of trannies on Ebay one is from Steve White Motors that claim these are the Honda replacement transmissions for 2300.00 then there is a trans shop in CA that claims they only rebuild Honda/ Acura transmissions, I am for saving some $$$ if I can. Syncrotech is 1500.00 I told them I would give them feedback here if they work out well for me, It is a day away delivery for me being in Northern CA Mountain range. I just wondered with my bad back if I should attempt replacing this trans myself, No from what I read. I don't have a lift like my brother has. What is the average installation cost? What would I save? I was quoted about 1 K to install from a local trans shop what do you pay?. 3000.00 from Jasper is the diamond trans, I cant afford it?
I hear Aamco is bad, and has a horrible reputation? Everyone says they upgraded the transmissions with the new improvements. It is so vague? I could take a chance on a Local Trans shop? They are Jasper certified but cost to much vs their rebuilds.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts