Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have noticed 2 issues in my 2012 Ody EX-L RES

1. ECO mode doesn't engaged until I drive the van for 10mins from the first start in the morning. Is this normal?

2. I'm calculating my fuel consumption by setting my display using TRIP A to see my trip log. So my display is on TRIP A. How come TRIP B is also doing its calculation and putting its trip logs?

Anyone experience this?

TIA!

·
Registered
84 Posts
1. Yes, this gives the fluids time to warm up so the 3- and 4-cylinder modes are easier on the engine.
2. You can select the trip settings on the Touring - refer to the manual for options on the EX-L.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Yes, this gives the fluids time to warm up so the 3- and 4-cylinder modes are easier on the engine.
2. You can select the trip settings on the Touring - refer to the manual for options on the EX-L.
gotcha.. thanks for the info. i'll look into the manual for the TRIP B concern. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't find any relevant topics in the manual with regards to my issue in TRIP B.

Does you TRIP B logs your trip even if you are in TRIP A?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Trip B continually logs data regardless of display. I have Trip A reset itself with each gas fill-up and I manually reset Trip B (maintenance intervals, long trips, etc...). This was not the default setting when we got it, but something I could change in the MID user menu.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Didn't find any relevant topics in the manual with regards to my issue in TRIP B.
The description is very straightforward, see below (LX to EX-L trims, page 88, 2012 Owner's Manual). The main difference for the Touring trims is that you can configure them to automatically reset to zero after a tank fill-up (as indicated by BoostMe97).

Trip Meter
Shows the total number of miles or kilometers driven since the last reset. Meters A and B can be used to measure 2 separate trips.

Resetting a trip meter
To reset a trip meter, display it, then press and hold the SEL/RESET knob. The trip meter is reset to 0.0.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The description is very straightforward, see below (LX to EX-L trims, page 88, 2012 Owner's Manual). The main difference for the Touring trims is that you can configure them to automatically reset to zero after a tank fill-up (as indicated by BoostMe97).

Trip Meter
Shows the total number of miles or kilometers driven since the last reset. Meters A and B can be used to measure 2 separate trips.

Resetting a trip meter
To reset a trip meter, display it, then press and hold the SEL/RESET knob. The trip meter is reset to 0.0.
yeah i saw that and it says A and B can measure 2 separate trips. But how do you measure another trip if B is continuously logging alongside with A?

how's your trip B count? does is stay 0 if you are in trip A?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
They are independent of each other and no, they don't stay on zero at all. The trip meter functionality is no different from any other car I driven (even those old analog meters, except that here now you have an extra one to use). Just reset the one you want (A or B) to zero before you start the trip, simple :dunno:

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is correct. All I have every used work that way.
They always are incrementing with the miles driven. Your only option is to reset the one you select to zero miles and start over.
No pause...

·
Registered
63 Posts
OMG SMH I can't believe this is really a topic of discussion!?! Can someone tell me why the sky is blue next please?

·
Registered
63 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts