Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new here, looking for advice on an issue with my 2010 Odyssey. There is a clicking noise that sounds like an electrical issue. It usually happens 5-10 seconds after starting the car, sometimes I don't hear it, sometimes it happens when I'm driving.

It seems to be around or behind the steering wheel, or maybe behind the panels around the dashboard. I could post a video, if that would help explain it. Has anyone encountered this? Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi! I'm new here, looking for advice on an issue with my 2010 Odyssey. There is a clicking noise that sounds like an electrical issue. It usually happens 5-10 seconds after starting the car, sometimes I don't hear it, sometimes it happens when I'm driving.

It seems to be around or behind the steering wheel, or maybe behind the panels around the dashboard. I could post a video, if that would help explain it. Has anyone encountered this? Thank you very much for your help!
I had the same issue (I think). It somehow sounded like a small animal like a mice is running very quickly... But here it stopped eventually and so far never happened again

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Niels81nrw: yes, that sounds like the same issue exactly! I've had it for 6+ months now. How long did it last for you before resolving itself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the A/C blend door actuators, when they start to go bad, they make a type writing noise.
MrRangerZr1: Thanks for the tip! Would I only expect them to make the noise during certain operations? Are there parts of HVAC I can turn on/off that would isolate the blend door actuators?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
MrRangerZr1: Thanks for the tip! Would I only expect them to make the noise during certain operations? Are there parts of HVAC I can turn on/off that would isolate the blend door actuators?
Play around with the temperature controls. Raise and lower the temperature and watch the actuators. Even when the A/C is off it can make noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts