Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having two electrically related problems with my 2000 Odyssey EX. I came out of a movie theater this evening to find my car unlocked and the passenger's side door open. Nothing was stolen from the car. I know my Odyssey has keyless entry, but I never owned the remote (I got the car used) or bothered to buy one. I know the signals from the remote are keyed to avoid this problem, but is it possible that someone else's remote unlocked and opened my car?

My other problem is related to my stereo and the aux power plug in the center console. Sometimes when I start my car, the stereo doesn't come on and my GPS doesn't get any power from the aux socket. Sometimes I'll drive for awhile and they'll randomly come on and sometimes they stay off. I've also had them turn on correctly when the key is on the first position, but later as I drive the car they'll shut off. With the exception of my electric lock issue above, I have had no other electrical problems with this car. I pulled and inspected the fuses associated with the stereo and aux power plug circuit in the passenger's side kick panel and they are all intact.

Sometimes I have been able to get the stereo and power socket to turn on by wiggling the fuses in their sockets, but never while the car is on. If the car is off, I can wiggle the fuses a bit and it's about 50/50 as to whether or not the stereo and power socket will turn on correctly. I am off to purchase new fuses, but I don't think that will fix the problem because the current ones seem to be in perfect condition.

Any ideas you have would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
For the doors being unlocked I suspect that either someone else had the same code, it does happen sometimes, or you just forgot to lock the door. Either way nothing too big and I wouldn't worry about it, I highly doubt that it is an electrical issue.

For the radio and socket not working intermittently I've seen this enough times to be pretty sure that at some point someone ran a line to the fuse using a fuse tap to power something. These work great until they are removed. Over time they spread the clamping part of the fuse box apart and if they are removed the fuse then sits in there loose, sometimes making contact, sometimes not. Easiest solution is to fold a bit of wire, or conductive metal, over the one end of the fuse to make it a bit thicker and keep constant contact with the spread tabs in the fuse box.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Replace the Acc power socket relay in the passsenger under dash fuse box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts