Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a very positive experience with Elk Grove Honda,(California)salesman was Brian Morrow. We got several quotes from various dealers and the best quote was then matched by all the dealers. Elk Grove Honda called us first with a VIN # and delivery date. They didn't try to change the numbers before we signed on the dotted line(like another dealer did that we walked out on)......they did match Tracy's price of $875.00 for the 7/100,000/0 Honda Care Plan. All in all a very pleasant experience. Only negative aspect...the service people didn't re-enter the radio security code after they installed the in dash cd changer...so, back to the dealer to fix the radio...wish they had left the darn anti theft part out of it all...who would want to steal this radio????Now if it were a Bose or a Blauplunk I would understand.
Schnauzer

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
schnauzer, can you tell me if there was Calif sales tax added on the Honda care plan? I wouldn't think so, but never know. Congrats on you new Ody, hope to join you soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JoesYum:
schnauzer, can you tell me if there was Calif sales tax added on the Honda care plan? I wouldn't think so, but never know. Congrats on you new Ody, hope to join you soon.</font>
JoesYum,
Sorry for the belated post. Been busy driving the new Ody. Really love this Silver Beast!
We didn't pay Calif. tax on the Honda Care Plan. Thanks for the congrads.
Schnauzer

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schnauzer:
JoesYum,
Sorry for the belated post. Been busy driving the new Ody. Really love this Silver Beast!
We didn't pay Calif. tax on the Honda Care Plan. Thanks for the congrads.
Schnauzer
</font>
Thanks for the info, i'll be looking for my Ody in about a week from now, it seem most of the dealers around here has atleast few Ody on the lot, i'm just looking for an EX so it shouldn't be hard to find. But i think finding one without any dealer add-on may be bit hard, may have to go on a waitting list.

·
Registered
25 Posts
schnauzer, I live in the same area and I'm going to looking for an Odyssey this week. What model did you get and how much did you pay? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Baxter:
schnauzer, I live in the same area and I'm going to looking for an Odyssey this week. What model did you get and how much did you pay? Thanks for your help!</font>
Baxter,
We got the 2002 SS EXL...Got MSRP $28,690.00...of course, we also added dealer installed accessories of our choice. Elk Grove Honda did match Tracy's HCP price of $875.00 for the 7yr/100,000miles/0 deductable. Our salesman was Brian Morrow....very pleasant and helpful salesman.
We really love our Ody and especially the color Starlight Silver.

Good Luck
Schnauzer

·
Registered
25 Posts
schnauzer, is Brian the fleet manager, Internet salesman, or a salesman? Thanks for the info - it will help me when I contact them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We've been in the market for an GG EX-L and have contacted Elk Grove. The price they quoted us was $1000 over MSRP. We bought our 2001 Accord EX-L at Elk Grove over the Internet for invoice price and the whole experience was smooth and pleasant. However, I'm frustrated because they won't come down to MSRP on the purchase of an Odyssey. They had one coming in unsold and wouldn't come down even though they didn't have a buyer yet. I'm on a waiting list at another dealer for MSRP, but I would love to get one sooner. But I refuse to pay over MSRP. Even though I like the Odyssey, I feel that the dealers are ripping buyers off. I guess it's just the principle of the whole thing. I wish Honda would make more Odysseys and make it easier and more reasonable for their customers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Schnauzer,

Could you tell me specifically which "dealer installed accessories of your choice" you selected and at what cost? I'm trying to see if Elk Grove Honda raised the "options bar" when they lowered the "MSRP bar". Was your final formula MSRP + tax + license + options + HondaCare? Were you hit for a doc fee or tire fee?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
GoOdyssey said:
Were you hit for a doc fee or tire fee?

Thanks.
Far as i can figure out, its a CA thing about $5.00 tire fee and by CA law, the dealer can only charge $45 for doc fee. If this answers your question. Its not that much markup if it wasn't added.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got my 02 GG EX with aftermarket leather at Elk Grove Honda this weekend. I had been contacting dealers in the area for a couple of weeks and it seemed that I could get an EX-L for MSRP, but I would have to wait too long to get one.

Blair from Elk Grove called me and said a GG EX had just come available because someone changed their mind and wanted one with the DVD. The price he gave me for the EX with aftermarket leather installed (my request) was basically MSRP on an EX-L. So I went for it.

It was a real easy transaction. Everything was handled over the phone except picking up the van. Of course we had to be there for that! We got the usual Finance Manager's sales pitch for the warranty and paint protection, but we knew we didn't want them, so we kindly said "no" and there was no pressure.

We bought some extras through Handa Accessories and I put some of them on when I got home - CD Changer, wheel locks, steering wheel cover, cargo tray. I post information about the specific installations on the appropriate forum threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts