Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot about problems with the Silver color, has anyone had any problems with the Emerald Green.

I currently have a Silver Honda CRV, 1999. I have had no problems with the paint. Is it just an Odyssey thing?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just recently discovered that my '00 EX Emerald Blue has a paint problem. The problem is that the RF door was refinished and not disclosed to me during deliver. It's now 1.5 yr and 24k miles later, the wife just discovered it. Working with Honda to resolve it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Giewont:
I just recently discovered that my '00 EX Emerald Blue has a paint problem. The problem is that the RF door was refinished and not disclosed to me during deliver. It's now 1.5 yr and 24k miles later, the wife just discovered it. Working with Honda to resolve it.</font>
Please post the results of your Honda negotiations. I found the same thing in my 02 RRP. The dealer re-painted part of the right front fender(probably shipping damage) and didn't disclose on delivery. I've heard that it is not a requirement to disclose body repairs if the value of the repair is under $500.00. I'm really mad because this vehicle was a replacement for a SS EX with bad paint.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

·
Registered
244 Posts
Still negotiating with Honda. So far the Honda Regional Rep has offered to repaint but this is not one of my perfered options. Regarding the <$500 disclosure, It varies by state according to the Texas DOT. CA has a $500 limit and that maybe why you were told that amount. But in TX there is no set value so any damage must be disclosed. You may want to check with the IN DOT to see what their statute says. Honda Customer Relations said that if any damage accorded during manufacturing it is documented and is traceable by VIN#. Currently having Honda Rep run a trace on my VIN# to determine if damage was done at manufacture or transport.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Giewont
Thanks for the response. It was a sales rep at one of the local dealerships who told me about the $500.00 limit. I guess I need to talk to some DOT official to verify this. However I still want the dealer to admit they did the body work and get Honda to warrant that work. If not I've got another paint problem on my hands and I realy don't that again.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

1 - 8 of 8 Posts