Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So i just got Gunk's Engine Cleaner Foamy and i was going to clean my 2008 Odyssey Engine bay. But before i do, i want to make sure it is safe that i wash the engine. According to the directions, i after to hose off the engine after using the product. Will i be able to hose off the engine? I do not want to harm anything. Thank in Advance!

Sorry to the Moderators and everyone else if a forum like this exists, i could not fid anything on this topic

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I don’t use an engine cleaner but hose mine off every year after winter and zero problems. I just make sure I put a plastic bag over the battery. Otherwise the plastic battery box fills up with water.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Have used those long long time ago. Yeah you are fine with hose off. We stick to simple green, purple power, etc. Actually I use dishwash liq in garden sprayer.. then hose off. Slightly warm engine and I usually have engine running during hose off. I once gave my old ody for nice detail wash and ended up not starting for a while. That was due to too much water, some went into connectors. Had to wait long for dry time and also had to use some wd40.

You are fine. If you have a leaf blower, that helps dry quicker after your wash.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,450 Posts
If you're really worried, remove the battery before you do it.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I clean the engine with a similar degreaser from STP, but I use rags to apply and rinse.

However, a gentle water rinse should be okay, without a nozzle.

Definitely avoid using a pressure washer.

·
Registered
412 Posts
My Beloved and I were just discussing a TV commercial we saw a few minutes ago, it's some sort of new spray Dawn dish detergent product that melts the grease away from whatever pot and pan has been used in the preparation of an unhealthy deplorable-favorite meal. No scrubbing required! She wondered if it could be used on a greasy engine (and coming from her mouth, that was a remarkable out-of-left-field thought), and I couldn't imagine why the hell not. Spray it all over, wait a few minutes, hose the stuff off, done. Probably cheaper than those cans of engine cleaner you can buy at the Autozones of the world, too...

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,450 Posts
Eh, engines are expensive. I'll stick to what I know is safe on everything.

Reactions: kaimanson
1 - 7 of 7 Posts