Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help from anyone who know the coolant system well on the 2003 Honda Odyssey.

On my engine coolant reservoir I see no possible way for the coolant to return back to the radiator. There is a black hose which flows with coolant from the radiator to the reservoir. The black hose meets the coolant reservoir via a white plastic tip which slides into the cap of the very top of the overflow reservoir. This white tip does not have a hose attached to it inside the overflow tank so how in the heck does the coolant in the overflow tank ever return to the radiator? I am trying to describe this the best I can but am very puzzled by this. Please help me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
There is indeed supposed to be a hose leading down into the coolant in the overflow tank. Check inside the tank for the hose, it probably broke or fell off into the tank.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SuperDad,

Thanks for your help. I see no such tube. Is it possible to order this tube without buying an entire coolant reservoir? Thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
no need to special order. goto an auto zone or other car parts store and purchase an appropriate length of coolant compatible hose that will fit over the nipple of the radiator expansion tank cap.
put it all together and you just saved your self a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Just make sure its watertight. If it leaks at all it won't be able to suck coolant.

As it is, your engine is probably partly air-cooled right now :)

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
One of these guys (an appropriately sized nylon hose clamp) will make sure that tube doesn't leave the cap again:

OF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts