Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My 2003 Odyssey's whine light came on and it's doing a pretty good engine shakes at a stand still and while driving it. I only have approximately 135,000 miles on it...I did the dealership 100,000 mile maintenance package at 115,000.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Highly likely it is a bad coil as noted. Search for coil drop test. If it is rough at idle, it should be easy to ID and fix. It takes less than 10 minutes to test every coil. Frequently happens to vans of this age.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently had a problem just like this. turns out the aftermarket coils I purchased were complete crap and 5 of them were out of spec. 6 new units from Honda, smooth as glass. Definitely check the codes before spending any money though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now Honda dealership mechanic thinks it's the plugs. Almost $200 for the plugs and $200 to replace them....what the heck are they made of....I requested the mechanic pull a plug be sure before I shell out that crazy amount and that's not the issue. What kind of plugs cost $30 a piece?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Go somewhere else. Get the plugs from a parts store for $60 or a bit more, then pay your nephew or the high school shop class to put them in.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Maybe swing by my house, for 30 minutes work, it looks like I can make $300+. Changing plugs is simple on these vans, changing coils is even easier. The $ numbers are why folks don't go to the dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts