Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 2007 odyssey from a honda dealer after 1 week i hear engine noise i took it to a different honda dealer they tell me the engine mount should be replaced what can i do

·
Registered
73 Posts
Get it fixed? Unless the dealer you bought it from has some kind of warranty, I think you're on your own.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
What version of the van do you have (LX/EX or EX-L/Touring)? Also - which of the three mounts need to be replaced? They are all reasonable easy to replace, but for EX-L and Touring, the front and rear mounts are a little more complex (and expensive). If you have the tools, replacing them isn't very difficult.

·
Registered
318 Posts
if you bought the van as Certified Pre-owned you can get Honda to cover
the replacement cost. If you're in the US call Honda USA. They will open
a case number for you.

If not, and I'm guessing your van is EX-L, it cost between $800 - $1000 to
R/R them.

Search for my thread responses using "engine mount".

good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just bought the car 8 days ago honda certified from the dealer honda told me your on your own also rotors and brake bleed were never done and pads were 5mm not 10 mm as they satated on their inspection report what a joke who can i complain to

·
Registered
318 Posts
If that's so then you should check what's stipulated under the Honda Certified program. Does it cover all mounts?
Did you call Honda USA yet?

i just bought the car 8 days ago honda certified from the dealer honda told me your on your own also rotors and brake bleed were never done and pads were 5mm not 10 mm as they satated on their inspection report what a joke who can i complain to

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i called honda canada its not covered i guess my loss you would expect they would otherwise i could have bought it at a corner lot (used cars and burgers) and paid $7000 less

·
Registered
318 Posts
I didn't know you're in Canada. Honda USA is much more forgiving in customer complaints. What does Honda Canada cover under their "Certified Pre-owned" program? My dealer here in California told me Certified pre-owned Honda program covers all engine mounts under the powertrain warranty when they certify it.

Nevertheless, good luck.

For what it's worth, it's a simple process to R/R these mounts. If you have access to a lift, it would make it much easier for you to do.

P.S. I am from Edmonton, Alberta. :)

i called honda canada its not covered i guess my loss you would expect they would otherwise i could have bought it at a corner lot (used cars and burgers) and paid $7000 less

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya ehh lol thanks buddy but after i caused a seen in the dealership they agreed to fix it free of charge thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
There you go! Good for you.
Just my opinion, I will not be buying Honda vehicles anymore. I feel that Honda quality has gone down the Sh!thole. I've owned Hondas way back when I was still in Edmonton and never had trouble and never got stranded on the side of the road. When I got married here in the US, my wife and I bought ourselves a 94 Honda Civic which is still running strong up to now. Always reliable.
Perhaps in a couple of years my 09 MDX will give me the same headache as the Odyssey but we'll see. I also have 2 other cars (German) and has been totally top notch in terms of reliability, quality and peace of mind.

Good luck ehh!

ya ehh lol thanks buddy but after i caused a seen in the dealership they agreed to fix it free of charge thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts