Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Ody friends
last year around July, i got all 3 engine mounts replaced under warranty at near 100k kms, now nearly 20k after, i went for a diagnostic before my tranny warranty ends(at 120k), and was told the tranny was healthy and runs smooth, but one of the engine mounts seems to be going.. i said again?

if it is really the case, would warranty cover? i have Honda Care plus up to 130k, and tranny up to 120k
06 EX-L with almost 119k kms

·
Registered
747 Posts
SOL = S**t out of luck.

If it is going again and you have Hondacare, use the Hondacare to get it replaced.

Motor mounts in the Ody seem to be a weak point for sure.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL @ SOL

it just weird that it went within 20k kms. are the mounts part of the CUV Powertrain warranty or the overall warranty?
cuz if it is part of the first i have less than 1200kms to get it fixed.... if not, i have about 11200kms :D
but lately i have noticed a noise/vibration increasing while in eco mode if i press gently on the gas, a noise vibration is felt...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I searched the web and yes there seems to be a lot of complaints about these engine mounts being replaced. 'have an 01 Ody and I had mine replaced in December 2010.
The front and rear mounts were replaced for about $800+

·
Registered
9,318 Posts
I don't know if this applies to you, but the motor mounts take a hit if you put the van in park on a grade and let it roll until the transmission pawl grabs it. Better to use the parking brake on any grade at all. I see this a lot at my neighborhood gas station where the asphalt slopes off the concrete pad.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i always use the parking brake, my wife not so much, in the other hand, i am normally quick off the green light though i dont think that impacts much....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts