Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my Honda Odyssey 2003 is in Park, any attempt to rev up the engine results in a cut off at about 3000 rev/min. At that time, the TCS light also comes on. In normal motion, this also occurs when I attempt to accelerate fast.
Once the TCS light comes on, the Check Engine light also comes on. Turning off the engine and re-starting, resets the TCS light but not the Check Engine light.
Subsequent revving up or acceleration turns the TCS light on again.
I need help on this. Thanks

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
You need to get the check engine code to diagnose any problem.

·
Registered
573 Posts
When my Honda Odyssey 2003 is in Park, any attempt to rev up the engine results in a cut off at about 3000 rev/min. At that time, the TCS light also comes on. In normal motion, this also occurs when I attempt to accelerate fast.
Once the TCS light comes on, the Check Engine light also comes on. Turning off the engine and re-starting, resets the TCS light but not the Check Engine light.
Subsequent revving up or acceleration turns the TCS light on again.
I need help on this. Thanks
You need to find out what code the Check Engine Light is throwing. This is definitely not normal.

Go get the code pulled at an Autozone or someplace and let us know what it is. Then we can provide more insight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same problem or symptoms just like Onimoto's.... (Once the TCS light comes on, the Check Engine light also comes on. Turning off the engine and re-starting, resets the TCS light but not the Check Engine light. )

CEL shows code P0401 - Insufficient EGR flow, but no code that relates to TCS light on.
Still researching fixes for TCS light on... will post info if any info & fix found

·
Registered
16 Posts
Exactly the same problems I had with my 03 in 2009, if not more advanced (no signs of hesitation in park- only while driving) Replacing the EGR (free under recall) allowed both idiot lights to go out and I've never had a problem with either system since. The first thing the dealer had me check though, was that the gas cap was on fully.

I suggest limping it in to the dealer. Odds are you're in for a freebie.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts