Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in New Zealand and just bought an imported Japanese 2004 Odyssey with 160,000km on the clock. One immediate problem is a female voice in the audio system repeating something in Japanese sounding like "March isn't it" which I don't understand and cannot switch off.
Nice car and I looked online for an instruction manual but only found information on the USA models which are completely different. Some of the other threads on forums show it is has been a problem for a long time, but did anyone actually find (or translate) the Jap manual?
Any advice or links would be welcome!

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you got an imported 2nd gen RA (or RB) model, the US 2nd gen RL1 would probably be useless! But perhaps a fellow JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) owner might see and chime in.
You may also want to post in (and check) the "Rest of the world" Regional Forum listed way down-under on the main forum page!

·
Registered
13,601 Posts
Did they sell those right hand drive Odysseys in Australia in 2004?
In a different forum I frequent (Honda Insight) there are a lot of Irish and UK folks who get gray market Hondas with Navigation. The only solution any of them have ever come up with is to just replace the whole head unit with
an aftermarket double din one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did they sell those right hand drive Odysseys in Australia in 2004?
In a different forum I frequent (Honda Insight) there are a lot of Irish and UK folks who get gray market Hondas with Navigation. The only solution any of them have ever come up with is to just replace the whole head unit with
an aftermarket double din one.
We get second-hand car imports from Japan because they drive on the left, like us. They are usually 10 years old with low mileage and well cared for, exported for tax reasons I understand. I will replace the nav unit, but am trying to get a manual with wiring diagram, fuse listing, and all the maintenance information in English (or German or French, but not Japanese). I can't be the only person to look for this!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
13,601 Posts
Could not find anything for a service manual though. I don't know how many of those small vans were sold or imported to to other right hand drive countries.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello fellow kiwi! I have a 2005 RB1 model. I'm not sure of the radio dash layout in your wagon but mine was a Singaporean import (same as a Japanese import I believe) and I have a double DIN radio layout. I have upgraded the radio twice as replacements are fairly cheap and you get extras such as Bluetooth, etc. It's probably easier and cheaper than fixing the audio. BTW I have the handbook listed in the link above - brought it off trademe - has some useful info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts