Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm having a problem with my 02 oddessy. With the engine cold or sitting for an hour or two is starts fine but idles around 1,000. I drive about a block or two and come to a stop the idle is at 900 and sounds like it wants to die. Even when the operating temp is normal and driven 4-5 miles and come to a light the idle will be around 600 or so then bounce to 900 again sounding like it wants to die. Then it settles down to 600 and runs ok. After awhile when coming to a stop it will idle at 600.

I never received a recall on the EGR. I had the throttle body cleaned this past spring. The timing belt was just replaced. It was running like this a little. I talked to them about it and they could not find anything wrong. It is now getting worse. I'm thinking it may be the idle air control valve. I know it can be cleaned but I do not feel comfortable doing auto work. I just would like an idea on what it could be. My fear is to hear cannot reproduce the problem. I,m planning on taking it in next week.

The van has 49k. I follow the forum and enjoy the information that is posted. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts